Home Forums Discussion Forum – Archived MN-ITS Registration Letters

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Tammy Evers

Howdy.
        We are wondering if other facilities (offices) have seen/received a letter to their providers from DHS regarding registering for MN-ITS with regards to Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP). If yes, we have a few questions:
        Is the Medical Staff/Credentialing Office submitting the information on behalf of the providers?
        Are the providers registering on their own?
        Do you have the billing department registering the provider?
        Has anyone been told that this is a requirement to complete?
        Does anyone know if this is the same as the PMP program or a sub division of the PMP program?
        Thanks.

Stefanie Frank

I also have the MN-ITS letters for our providers. I have not done anything with them yet and are not sure if we’ll help “manage” the accounts for them. I understood that the providers’ own opioid prescribing reports would be coming to these MN-ITS mailboxes. Or if they didn’t set up a mailbox, the reports would just be mailed to them. I don’t believe this is in conjunction with PMP.

Carol Christians

Hi,

The MN-ITS letters are being sent out to those providers without MN-ITS accounts primarily because of the opioid monitoring initiative DHS is taking. They will be publishing peer comparison reports and the only way they can get their own report is by registering for MN-ITS. I understand from our Pharmacy Dept that it is not mandatory they register, but there is the risk that they may get dinged on their usage without knowing it. I was told by DHS they can sign up and be their own Administrator. Our Pharmacy Director created a communication that was sent to providers and then I had to reinforce the reason with the departments. I hope this helps.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Discussion Forum – Archived’ is closed to new topics and replies.