Home Forums Discussion Forum – Archived Tracking PA Agreements

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Melissa Hall

How do other organizations track PA agreements? Spreadsheets? Through their credentialing data base? No at all?
        Looking to find an easier way to track these in the credentialing department. Feel free to respond to the post or contact me directly with any ideas.

Melissa Hall

First time posting, didn’t catch that my email will not be published. Feel free to email me directly at melissa.hall@centracare.com

Jennifer J

We don’t have credentialing software so I add each renewal/review date to my Outlook calendar. We only have two PA’s on staff so this works for me.

Cyndy Scanlan

Sanford Bemidji tracks PA agreements through our credentialing software database.

Jennifer

Our clinic does not have credentialing software either.
                I track expiration dates using an excel spreadsheet formulated to notify me when date is close to expiring.
                Then I use my outlook calendar to prompt me to remind the PA’s and their supervising physician to do their quarterly reviews.

Terri Winter

I enter PA agreements into my reappointment cycle clearly marking it as “PA Agreement”. I know 3 months ahead of time that the agreement is up for review. No software, using a Credentialing Database.

Diana Ash

We use a credentialing software to track the expiration dates. This works well for us as we have numerous PA’s on staff.

Allison Peterson

We do not track or collect them. We have not kept them on site since 2017. If we need them, we contact the PAs clinic directly.

Keri Pruette

Hi Melissa,

We keep of copy of the PA’s Practice Location Notification on file as well as the PA’s Delegation Agreement. We track the DA to ensure it is updated annually at PA license renewal time. Our PA privilege form requires that the PA submits these to the hospital, and we have interpreted the form to mean that they are required to be. In addition, our Diagnostic Imaging Department keeps copies on file for her Radiation Safety Audit and to comply with MN Rule 4732.0330 Subpart 4.L (#20 must be marked yes if the PA orders x-rays).

You could just use the PA’s license expiration date as a means to track the DA, since the DA should be updated at license renewal time, though that extra step could be forgotten. We do not have credentialing software but utilize the Provider Dictionary within our EHR system (Meditech) to track all expirables. We have custom screens and fields built for these and are able to run monthly reports to capture expiration dates. Rather than build a separate field for agreements, we added them to our “certification” dictionary which works well for us.

Stefanie Frank

I have a reminder on my outlook to ask for updated copies of the DA around April. Then by the time their licenses come up for renewal, they should have already done the updates. We don’t have that many on staff so the process works for me.

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • The forum ‘Discussion Forum – Archived’ is closed to new topics and replies.